Getting Started with the Portfolio Template!
Build a beautiful website for your portfolio in a few quick steps
2. There are many templates to help you out with the design of the webpage, and we’ll get to all of them soon. For this example, let’s click on “Shape Portfolio.” Then we can name our project, and click “Create Project.”
3. If we head to the navigation bar on the left, we can click on “Project” and explore the projects already integrated with the template. You can also add more projects by clicking “New Project” in the top right.
4. We can also explore the pictures, videos, and other assets by clicking on the “Asset Library” at the top of the navigation bar. We can upload more assets by simply dragging from the desktop, or clicking “Upload” in the top right.
5. We have a good looking site, so let’s let the world see it. TakeShape can deploy your site to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, FTP, and Netlify. For this example, we will deploy to using one-click integration. Let’s navigate to the drop-down at your project name in the top left → “Static Site” → “New Static Site” in the top right. Here we can link our TakeShape project to Netlify.
6. Here’s what it looks like when linked to Netlify.
7. Now let’s hit “Save” and Publish!
8. Check out your awesome Site!
9. Now that the template is up and running, it’s time to customize. Let’s clone the Github repository so we can personalize it!
git clone https://github.com/takeshape/takeshape-samples.git takeshape-samples && cd takeshape-samples/shape-portfolio
10. To install all dependencies, lets run
npm install. Double check your Node version
node -v and make sure you are using
npx tsg init and follow the command prompts to set up communication between your local environment and TakeShape.
13. Now we can make plenty of customizations to make use of this template. To save room, I want to remove the project images from the homepage. We can easily mockup how this will look in the
index.html file. The changes can be seen in the local site immediately!
npx tsg deploy to deploy your changes to the site hosted on Netlify.
15. Navigate to the website and check out your updates live!
In these few steps, we got a TakeShape website up 🆙and running 🏃♀️and we made changes that can be viewed live on the site. From here, the possibilities are endless ♾. We’d love to see the websites you all create from this template! 🤩